சனி, 1 மே, 2021

                                                      The "Calf path of Mind"-4

The writings on this topic are just to show the readers that vertical,lateral and all round  analysis of a situation gives best answer to a problem.In this topic today I shall bring some information which could be usefull for serving as well as retired Army Officers.

             In oct 1982 I was serving with an Engineer Regiment in Punjab.Since I had been with them for about two years plus I was posted out to Chennai on my request.But at the same time the Regiment was ordered to move to Arunachal Pradesh on prestigious role as Div Engineer Regiment. At this juncture the commanding officer selected me to be leader of the Advance party to Arunachal  pradesh. Though I was very happy on this ,it was critical situation.Since I was posted out I must take my wife and children to Chennai.If I go to chennai,I will miss the golden opportunity of seeing the Eastern sector where 1962 war took place.As I have been repeatedly mentioning in my writings,the Cosmic Force came to my help and things eased out on its own.

                My wife and children safely reached Chennai with the help of a Jawan from my Regiment,and I landed at Tenga,Arunachal Pradesh. The Indian Govt had recently taken decision to  a "Forward Posture Defence "and accordingly Army was given direction.A large amount of infrastructure was being developed in Kemeng sector.I was to move up and down in the border areas from Lumla in the east to Bumla in north  and to some more areas in the western part of Kemeng sector.


Arunachal pradesh always attracted me ,because  that was the mother earth turned into red  by the blood  of my country men ,thousands in numbers,defending her in 1962.The whole world knows that ,because of the foolish policy of people who does not know even the geography of that land ,the soldiers sacrificed their life.

       So when I was given an opportunity  to be part of the  defending force,I had best utilised that.After about six months of thoroughly understanding our role and  properly handing over I came to Chennai as Dy cdr works under CWE Chennai.But within a short period My promotion board result came and I was approved for promotion.My effort to stay in Chennai for some more time was mis understood and I was over night posted to Chief Engr Delhi Zone on promotion as S O-1,works.Surprisingly S O -1 Madras was vacant.So it was out of vengeance.But the Cosmic force was in my favour,and I was posted as Commanding Officer,4 Engineer Regiment with in a moth on the recommendation of a high level committee.

                 So I was back in Arunachal pradesh. Now I was fairly in knowledge about the 1962 war. The 1962 war did not come as a surprise.Some argument and discussions were going on between Govt of India and the the chineese  Govt. So Indian Govt started strengthening the Defences.An outstanding officer Brig Hoshiar Singh Rathee who was Dy Comdt N D A was overnight posted as 62 Inf Brigade to defend Sela.Another bright officer Brig Dalvi was potes as Commander,7 Inf Brigde  which was facing the chineese at Dhola.

             Sela was on the main axis and was well stocked for a a Defence battle.But the Army in general was poorly equipped in weapons and clothing.The chineese had entered from different axis to isolate strong positions of india.

  One can see here ,that the chineese had isolated Sela and had established Road blocks at Nyukmedong and at Bomdila.

                When my Regiment was in support of our Defences in Kemeng sector I made it a point to walk along many of these tracks.The famous Nyamjung chu  was one of the chineese route which goes into Butan. Similarly from Sela one can go to Rupa ,isolating Bomdila. From Tawang I had gone to Lumla and crossed Nyamjang Chu,to Bleting.From Nuranang one can reach Bisaki bypassing Sela.

                    Basically it was only to highlight that I went beyond the call of duty towards furtherence of my Commanders plan and I was mentally prepared to take up the role of an Infantry Battalion,if necessitates.

             The chineese should understand that India of 2021 is not  1962.The recent developments in ladak had demonstrated this to the entire world.
   






கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

கருத்துரையிடுக